Frequently Asked Questions

We are so glad you are interested! We can’t wait to meet you! ☺ You must first fill out a Rental Application and pay the $40.00 Non-Refundable Application Fee. You can either drop off the completed application to our office in our night drop, email or mail it to the address that is listed on the application. You can find the Online Rental Application here.

We start accepting applications for the Fall on January 1st. 

You will then need to pay the security deposit. Properties are leased on a first come, first served basis. WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE A UNIT UNTIL THE ENTIRE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS PAID IN FULL. 

The Security Deposit will be the equivalent of one month’s rent. It must be paid for all applicants on the lease before a lease will be executed. The money will be held in our escrow account and returned less the mandatory deductions at the end of the lease.

Yes. The length of your lease will be 12 months. Our leases typically run August 8th through July 31st. 

Yes. We require a parent or guardian signature on all of our leases. All parents/guardians will sign the same lease per apartment or condo and must then be witnessed by a notary public.

Our move-in date on all of our properties is August 8th. Due to the fact that we manage a multitude of properties and it is common for many people to have conflicts, we are not able to make exceptions. 

No, unfortunately we do not roommate match.   

No, all of our units are painted prior to move-in. They are all painted neutrally to match any décor.  

Sorry Fido, you have to stay home! We DO NOT allow pets at the majority of our properties. 

The ONLY exceptions are University Villages, Pecan Place, Colonial Arms & Gas Light Corner. There is also a $300.00 Non-Refundable Pet Fee that would be required prior to move-in. (Windermere properties have a higher pet fee on pet friendly units and are set depending on rent amount.) Should you violate our pet policy, the first offense is a fine of $500.00 and is strictly enforced. Regardless of the circumstances, the pet fine must be paid. If you have an ESA it must be disclosed BEFORE move in and you must follow our required paperwork or there is a $500 fine. 

There are several ways that tenants can let us know of maintenance issues! You can call them in or fill out the on-line maintenance request form located here. Please note that we prefer the tenants who are living in the units to call in maintenance requests rather than parents.

Yes. If resident neglect or damage causes a problem, you will be charged for it. We do provide all new tenants with a move-in maintenance form that can be filled out and returned to the office.  

The utilities are set up and paid by the tenants. 

Rent is due the 1st of the month. There is a 4-day grace period following but rent is considered late on the 6th. The starting late fee is $25.00. After the 11th, the late fee increases to $50.00, after the 15th it increases to $75.00. After the 20th, the late fee is $100.00 plus $5.00 per day. 

We have several payment options!

  • Bring your payment to the office place it in the drop box located at either our front or back doors. 
  • Pay online via credit or debit card
  • Mail it to 200 S. Montgomery Street, Suite 201, Starkville, MS 39759. 

Forms of Payment Accepted:

  • Checks, money orders and credit cards (online)


Please make checks and money orders payable to Tabor Management, along with your apartment/condo and unit number. (For example, GH6, AV12, etc.)


Yes, we have a 24-hour on-call security available. They also patrol the properties Thursday through Sunday. 

Yes. However, the tenant will be responsible for finding new tenants to take over the remainder of their lease. The new tenants will also have to fill out a rental application and be approved by our office. There will also be a $200.00 fee to sublease your unit. 

No, we will have the carpets professionally cleaned and the cost will be deducted from your security deposit.

For the time being, nothing! 

  1. We will email you in May & June with a lease. In July you will receive an email that contains your unit number. Please do not call to ask for your unit number. In order to have the utilities switched to your name, you must have the copy of lease. 
  1. Get your utilities set up! We provide you with a copy of the lease in ample time for you to get your account set up with the electric company. These companies are extremely busy during move-in and work on a first come, first serve basis. To insure you will have electricity on move-in day, we encourage you to get them set up as soon as possible. 
  1. Bring your receipt from Starkville Electric (or 4 County if you are moving to Highlands/University Villages) to the Tabor offices on August 8th to pick up your keys and get moved in!

Please note, in order to receive keys, the receipt from the electric company is REQUIRED!

If you have further questions, please contact our office. 

Utility Connection Information

Starkville Utilities – 662-323-3133 or

(For units in the CITY, Starkville Utilities handles the electricity, water, and sanitation.)

Atmos Energy (ONLY on select properties) – 888-286-6700 or

4-County Electric (Highlands and University Villages Only) – 662-324-8260 or

Clayton Village Water Assn. (Highlands Only) – 662-323-4502

Blackjack Water (University Villages Only) – 662-323-9202

East Oktibbeha Waste Water (Highlands and University Villages Only) – 662-324-7388

MaxxSouth (Cable/Internet) – 662-323-1615